Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Making Homemade Laundry Soap




Now when I make mine-- I just use regular bar soap- whatever I happen to have on hand. We usually have Irish Spring. It makes the clothes smell really nice. I have never had any problems with the color running. But I also use a 5 gal. pot that you would use for canning that you put your jars in on the stove and I fill that completely up with hot water. I still let it set over night. Mine gets to a gel consistancy. So I have to shake my detergent ever time I get ready to use it to remix it. But no biggy. I use the same recipe as she used and I only use 1/4 cup in my loads and they come out fine. But to each their own. I also use vinegar for my fabric softener too. "No it doesn't make the clothes smell"
Have a nice day.....

1 comment:

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Hey, Christina! I make my own detergent too and I just LOVE IT!

Blessings~
Laura