Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home remedies- NOT always the best..

Well let me just tell you that some times you have to just live with what ever is bothering you. 

I have plantars warts and I had went to the Dr. and had them removed once before many years ago. Let me tell you, I did not like having to walk around on crutches for weeks after. Since he did both feet at the same time. YES I had them on both feet. 
Well I have them on both feet again. So this time I decided to do some internet searching and see if there wasn't some home remedies to get rid of them. Well there was. I thought - good I can do this. 
It seemed simple enough, it said all I had to do was soak a cotton ball with vinegar and then put duck tape over the area night and day for a week. Then the area would be soft enough to *dig* down and remove the core of the plantars wart. W E L L let me tell you they forgot to mention it not only softened the area of the plantars  wart but the whole area where you put the cotton and then some. You were to rub the area (scrub- as you might) to get the dead skin off before each new application. Well in doing so you are rubbing off a few layers of skin.  Well today when I went to take off the tape I not only got tape but skin too. My soles of my feet are raw. From the last time til now my skin loosened up so badly it literally just came off with the tape. There was nothing I could do about it. 
So now I have patches of raw feet. Not to mention sore feet. So I have to make sure I have on socks all the time so I don't get my feet dirty and infected. 
yup-- I did myself more harm then good. Some home remedies are just not good. Now I have to walk softly til my feet heal. 
Plus on top of it all I still can't get to the core of any of the planters warts.
 boo hoo
             Some things are better left for the Doctors......

No comments: