Thursday, November 6, 2008

How to get to Heaven.

This was sent to me in an email.....

How To Get To Heaven
A Sunday School Class:

I was testing the children
in my Sunday school class
to see if they understood the concept
of getting to heaven.


I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car,
had a big garage sale
and gave all my money to the church,
Would that get me into Heaven?'


'NO!' the children answered.
'If I cleaned the church every day,
mowed the yard,
and kept everything neat and tidy,
would that get me into Heaven?'


Again, the answer was, 'NO!'

By now I was starting to smile.
Hey, this was fun!

'Well, then, if I was kind to animals
and gave candy to all the children,
and loved my husband,
would that get me into Heaven?'

Again, they all answered, 'NO!'
I was just bursting with pride for them.
'Well,' I continued, 'then how can I get into Heaven?'
A five-year-old boy shouted out,


'YOU GOTTA BE DEAD.'

No comments: