Thursday, September 10, 2009

"AM I MY BROTHER'S KEEPER?"

Many people ask this question and they don't like the answer. But the answer is "YES". You are your brother's keeper. Your brother isn't just your biological brother or sister either. It means anyone you come across. We do have a responsibility to care for one another.

This was first posed in the bible from Cain to God in Gen 4:9.

Genesis 4:9 (KJV)

9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?


There are many places in the New Testament that confirm this.

Jesus, Paul, Peter and John all say we are to love one another,

John 13:34-35 (KJV)

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12 (KJV)

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:17 (KJV)

17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Romans 13:8 (KJV)

8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 (KJV)

9But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1 John 3:11 (KJV)

11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

2 John 1:5 (KJV)

5And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

==================================

That is enough for now. I will put up more later. For this is a lot for some to digest all at once.

I hope your day was filled with joy and many blessings. Sometimes you have to look past the things that make you unhappy and look at all the blessings God has bestowed upon you to brighten your day. Don't let someone else's bad day take your brightness away.

No comments: