Monday, October 25, 2010

Do you know where Halloween originated???

I don't know about you but when Halloween comes around I have often wondered when it started and where it come from. Well I took the time to look it up this year. I had known the story of All Hallow's Eve. Then the story of the Harvest and worshiping of the gods. So I wasn't sure which was true or if both were. 
Well you can find a  lot of things on google. I just typed in "How did Halloween begin" and I got a lot of answers but you know what --- they all pretty much came to the same conclusion. Both stories I had heard about were true but I didn't know the full extent of them. Plus they were Paganism and moved over to be Christian like. The Roman Catholics did a lot of that.
I won't explain the origin of Halloween here-- I will let you look it up for yourself. You just might learn something you didn't know. 

Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying anything against or for it. You do your own thing for Halloween.
                                                   

                       I was just posing a question...

1 comment:

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

We don't celebrate Halloween anymore. We prefer to go to church and participate in the Fall Festival.

Thank you for the info, Christina!

Blessings~
Laura