Saturday, October 16, 2010

I want to "Thank Everyone" that has sent well wishes

I have had so many friends email and call to help comfort me in this time of need. The Lord has blessed me in this time of need with so much love from my friends. He has piled on me things I thought I couldn't handle. With my brother dying on Tuesday then my finding out my Aunt died on Wednesday.
As if that wasn't enough I was preparing myself to remember my mothers passing on the 31st of this month, which would make 12yrs now and I had just went past the remembrance of her birthday on the 10th of this month. Then my father's passing on the 4th of November. So the Lord is really testing my faith this month. But there is a bright spot in this month...my daughter's birthday is the 26th of this month.
But I wanted to let everyone know the friends of my brother were he lived in FL. had a memorial for him and they had a BIG turn out. I was so happy to hear that. I made my heart jump with joy to know he had so many friends (rather family to him) as they would be since he had lived down there for nearly 20 or more years. They loved him and he loved them. He looked out for them and they for him. They were a close knit family of sorts who knew each others lives and didn't care- they still loved them anyway. The "TRUE" meaning of friends.
You know that email that goes around that says a true friend knows the real you and accepts you anyway- well that's the way they "ALL" are down there.Wouldn't it be great if everyone could be like that?
I have been conversing with them and they are helping me to get all the arrangements done with getting my brother cremated and sent on up to me. The Lord has blessed me with their kindness in the best way. He always answers my prayers because I was so up in arms in how I was going to accomplish this. I will never be able to THANK these people enough for the kindness that is coming from within their hearts.
They have asked if they can scatter some of my brother's ashes out on the water where he worked. He worked on the fishing/shrimping boats and loved the water. So I told them most assuredly they could scatter some of his ashes on the water since I knew he loved the water and his job. It would also help them to have closure with his passing also.
My brother was free spirited and I think he would love this.
I also want to share with you a pic they sent me of just some of the people at the memorial down there for my brother. From what I understand, even when it was over people didn't want to leave, they stayed and continued to share in all the things my brother did in his life.
Sounds like it was so beautiful.

3 comments:

aseknc said...

I am in tears, both happy and sad, from reading how things went down in FL and how generous and kind his friends are being by helping you with the arrangements. I love how God can use a desperate situation to bless you with something or someone (or in this case, many someones) you would least expect. God is great indeed! I think it is wonderful that you are letting them spread some of your brothers ashes there too. Just from what you have said since learning of his passing, I really think that he would really love that.

I'm continuing to pray dear heart.
Much love,
♥Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Just plain good words! >> Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops. --Proverbs 26:20 NLT

Elisheva said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers!

Christina said...

Elisheve,thank you for your prayers.