Thursday, October 14, 2010

God only gives you what you can handle but I DON'T know if I can handle this

I got one of the hardest phone calls anyone could ever get tonight. I got a call from one of my brothers informing me that another one of our brothers had passed away yesterday, Oct 12th. He was living in Florida. Of course way away from the rest of us. Plus we hadn't seen him since our mother passed in 1998. He in actuality isn't liked to well by my other 2 brothers. See Lonnie was free spirited. Never really lived anywhere. Never had any bills. Worked where he wanted, when he wanted. Made friends all over the place. Would help anyone that needed it. Stayed on the beaches in Florida so he got to see the sun rise and set. Did stay with a friend here and there once in awhile.
Sure he had his demons. He did drugs and drank. But he never stole to have them. He loved his life-it made him happy. And isn't that what mattered? Was that he was happy! 
Who in all reality wouldn't like to live without bills and be able to come and go as you please? To sleep on the beach and take a dip whenever you wanted. Be friends with all the store managers and get the end of the night fast food left overs. FREE food- who wouldn't love that. Or get the day old donuts they are gonna throw out and share them with your friends. What's wrong with a day old donut? I've ate more than a few in my day. He's even gotten a few T-bone steaks that were at the end of their date that they were gonna throw out, that are really still ok, and had great cook-outs with his friends.
I don't know about you but I think he had a very good life.
Plus from what I was told by one of his friends tonight- he had stopped his drugs over a year ago, and even slowed up on his drinking. So he was conquering his demons.
Well I now have the task of trying to make his funeral arrangements. Not really something I am wanting to do. But I know with the Lord's help I will get it done. 
With him not having a will or money for that fact the final bill will fall to us 3 remaining siblings. So there are many things I have to look into.

7 comments:

aseknc said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived his life to the fullest! We should all be so fortunate! Just goes to show that there is happiness to be had regardless of how much money is in your pocket.

My heart goes out to you and your brothers and you are all in my prayers hun.

Great big comforting hugs,
♥Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Christina said...

Thank you darlin, my plate seems so full right now with this and the in-laws are coming in from Tn., Friday for a weeks visit. God really is giving me a lot to handle, but I know with his help I can weather the storm. My strength comes from him. He's never let me down yet.

aseknc said...

You're welcome hun. I know it all feels overwhelming right now, but He is the comforter and He is right there with you, never leaving you alone. I am praying that He blesses you with His peace and comfort and the strength to deal with it all.

Much love and warm hugs,
♥Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Chris, I am so so sorry, If I could be there to hold you while you cry I would in a heart beat,
We all make mistakes in our lives ,but that is not excuse for family to treat one another the way alot do now a days.
He is at peace now,and I can just imagine him looking down at you wanting to hug you, and say he loves you.
Inspite of there faults we cant hold a grudge towards the brothers, Our Father would not want us to. We have to forgive them for there faults, as Jesus forgave us for ours.
I am sure that they are hurting deep inside, and just do not want to admit it.
Maybe they will show up, maybe they wont,that is a choice like I said that they will have to make, and live with for the rest of there lives.
No one can make them, they will have to come on there own.I would ask them, then if they do not show up ,then they can not come back,and say you did not ask.
God will give you & DH the strength to get through this :)
I will be Praying, so will Jeff,and so will Jacob.
Evils is one strong thing in this world, some of us have the strength with Our Father to battle it, and some just do not know or care that they can turn to him for Help.
So I will be praying for You ,and the entire family Chris, and Please Call me if you need to ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, praying for you and yours!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Precious, Christina~

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. It sounds like he did live his life the way he wanted to, which in turn DID make him happy. Sometimes the simplest things in life is where our happiness lies.

My prayers are with you and your family, sweetie. Love you!

Blessings~
Laura

Christina said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I also found out my Aunt just died yesterday. Heart attack also. So I have her funeral to go to on Monday. The Lord sure is piling it on me. Plus to top this all off-- it was Oct. 31st when my mom died in 1998 and her birthday was just the 10th.
Will it help if I say "Calgon take me away"?