Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chocolate Banana Bread

I'm not sure how I came upon this recipe but I found it among my stash this morning when I was looking for a Banana Bread recipe since I have bananas that need to be used. I don't want them to go to waste so I want to make bread with them. So thought I would share the recipe with you.



Chocolate Banana Bread

Makes 2 - 9x5 inch loaves

Ingredients
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

No comments: