Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe

I put this on yesterday early afternoon so we could have it for a late supper. As we were going out for lunch to a great Buffet in town.
Well-- sorry to say I have no pic to post with this as it was gone before I could remember to get one. As Larry put it-"he had to eat it * ALL * as it was so bad he didn't want anyone else to suffer with having to eat it."

Believe me he did eat 3/4 of it too. This recipe made 3/4 of a pot full and I have a BIG crock pot. But it did taste very good. I had the little red potatoes on hand so I used them instead of regular potatoes. Now I couldn't add onions per say- as Larry doesn't like them so I added onion flakes. Another thing I didn't have on hand was chicken broth but I did have chicken broth cubes. So I used 3 of them. And I didn't have any bacon in the house but did have real bacon bits so I added a bag of them. And of course I added some flavors/seasonings of my own. I think all of us cooks do. We can't resist! This was easy to make and gone in no time. I will definitely be making this again.

* 8 cups diced potatoes
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
* 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled

In the crock pot, combine your first 5 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Add cubed cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon.

Yield 12 servings (3 quarts)

No comments: