Monday, September 12, 2011

Cooking Measurement Equivalents

I had someone ask me what the equivalents were for my Gatorade recipe, since I make my own. Mr. L. takes 1/2 gal. to work everyday. If I were to buy those 2 bottles that  that makes it would cost me $2 a day. So it is much cheaper to make my own. Plus he says it tastes much better. So thought I would post some cooking measurement equivalents here for you.

Cooking Measurement Equivalents

1 tablespoon (tbsp) =     3 teaspoons (tsp)
1/16 cup =    1 tablespoon
1/8 cup =    2 tablespoons
1/6 cup =    2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
1/4 cup =    4 tablespoons
1/3 cup =    5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
3/8 cup =    6 tablespoons
1/2 cup =    8 tablespoons
2/3 cup =    10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
3/4 cup =    12 tablespoons
     
1 cup =     48 teaspoons
1 cup =     16 tablespoons
8 fluid ounces (fl oz) =     1 cup
1 pint (pt) =    2 cups
1 quart (qt) =    2 pints
4 cups =    1 quart
1 gallon (gal) =    4 quarts
16 ounces (oz) =     1 pound (lb)
1 milliliter (ml) =    1 cubic centimeter (cc)
1 inch (in) =    2.54 centimeters (cm)

This should help you out and be handy to keep on hand for any future uses.
I usually don't measure things, I just dump them in but with this it has to be as near as possible or to much salt and YUCK. So I go by the recipe every time.

No comments: