Friday, March 2, 2012

Breakfast for us

We have a nice fried egg sandwich with a slice of cheese on 100% whole wheat bread with flax seed. We sometimes toast it. Then add a fruit, today it was strawberries. Then enjoy a nice hot cup of Chai tea. 

This was my plate, as you can see I put ketchup on my sandwich. I grew up eating my fried egg sandwiches this way and they just don't taste the same any other way. 
We do sometimes have scrambled eggs and toast. But we always make sure we have a breakfast within an hour of being up. 
We eat 3 decent meals a day along with snacks in between. Then after our workout after Mr. L. comes home at midnight we have changed to a protein shake. But you could have a bit of tuna, peanut butter or nuts. Some protein before bed is better than fruit. We were just enlightened on that by our workout Coach. Since the fruit has sugar, be it natural sugar- it is still sugar. Sugar is a No No before bed... Even though we stay up another 2 hours after our workouts. 
Just wanted to share some of our eating habits with you. They really aren't that hard to do.

2 comments:

Little City Farm said...

I do the ketchup thing too. Now following you on linky follower from the blog hop.

Allison Downes said...

Yumm! I havent made one of the Fried egg sammies in a looong time!

Found you in the Welcome Wednesday Hop, New GFC and new Linky Follower

Hope that you can follow me back!

http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/