Friday, June 17, 2011

Helping those around us

Day in a day out we go about our day and have so much on our minds that we will pass many people and not even notice them. We have what it called "tunnel vision".
From Wikipedia---- Tunnel vision (Also known as "Kalnienk Vision") is the loss of peripheral vision with retention of central vision, resulting in a constricted circular tunnel-like field of vision.


 But so many of us don't realize we are seeing like this during the day. We drive like this, we walk and see like this, we work- doing our jobs like this and see nothing outside this tunnel of vision we are looking threw. We go shopping and we don't see the people around us doing their business. It's only when they do something out of the ordinary that it catches our attention. Or make a noise.

There are so many people we walk right by every day that need our help but we don't notice them.
Well Mr. L and I do notice these people- actually we look for these people. The Lord has blessed us with the gift of attracting these people. We love it. We keep Bibles on hand at all times in the vehicle and I have them in my purse just in case someone may need one. I am always ending up spending much longer time going grocery shopping than I plan because I always come upon someone who ends up talking to me and I give them all my attention until they are finished. The Lord had put me in their path for a reason. I just love it.
So to help us provide the Bibles for the ones who need them and can't afford them I have made a site where I make homemade items to sell. I would hope that you would take just a minute to look at the site and see if there is something you could use or give as a gift so you could help us to provide Bibles and care packages to those who may need them.
http://christinas-creations.ecrater.com/
You will find kitchen accessories, jewelry, outside items, and everyday items for your liking.
We use the proceeds from these items to help us make life a little and I mean just a little easier for someone else. The care packages include- toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, soap, deodorant and shampoo. To us this isn't much but to someone who hasn't washed up in weeks it is heaven sent. And when we can afford it we give a blanket to help keep them warm.
So by you visiting my site and buying from it you are helping others-- so PLEASE do help us help others....

No comments: