Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

They finally turned out.
I have made I don't know how many chocolate chip cookies because I have a weakness for these and they always come out looking so nice. But after they are out and cool they get hard. No mater how I adjust the ingredients or the cooking times or the temperature. The outcome  has always been the same until the other day. I tried one more time. I had all the ingredients, well I thought I did. Mr. L. wanted some cookies and so I told him I would have some for him when he came home from work that night. So I got everything ready to make chocolate chip cookies until I see I am without 1 needed ingredient. I am  about to abort the idea until I realize I had just bought a handy gadget at the store the week before. This was that gadget.
 If you look closely you can see Mr. L's. legs. I am setting on the couch and turned to take a good picture with good lighting and ended up with his legs in the shot. One of the dogs is sleeping between his legs. 
I have my laptop on the coffee table in the front room so we don't have to shout at each other from room to room. 
*Like I don't have to shout to get his attention like now when the football games are on.*
                                         Go LIONS... 
 Okay back to the cookies..
I quickly looked at the side that had the cooking equivalents for baking soda, as that was the ingredient I was out of. I was in luck- it had a conversion for me. 
So I went on and made my cookies. This is the recipe I went by. I have no idea where I got it. By the looks of it, I think on the side of a bag of flour.

 But I didn't use the conversion exactly as it said. I did mine differently. But as you can see the outcome was perfect. These came out not only soft from the oven but after they were cool they stayed soft. As you can see they stayed very fluffy. I have a tendency to over round my spoon sizes, as you can see by the size of the cookies. So the next time I make these I will make these smaller. I do think I will add more butter in this though as it was quite stiff. It needed to be more pliable. 
I also used *cheap* chocolate chips. I like using them as they tend to stay their shape and stay soft. 


Have to say that these really passed the mustard with Mr. L. after he got home from work. He ate about 6 before he even took his coat off.

No comments: