Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Potato Soup

I often make potato soup for us. Well yesterday was no different. I really have no set recipe per se. I start 4 quarts of water on the stove and then I go to chopping up my veggies. Which can include anything from carrots, radishes, celery, broccoli and when it is all done and ready to eat I will add spinach so it's not so wilted. I add about 6-8 potatoes, that I cut up into cubes along with the veggies I have already added to the water. Which I have already added all my spices while my veggies were cooking.
After about 1/2 an hour after the potatoes were put in I check to see that they are soft then in another pan I add 2 cups of milk and about 4-6 tablespoons of flour and mix well. This will help thicken the soup. After this starts to thicken I then add it to the soup mixture slowly. Stirring this all together.
I usually add cheese at this time to give it a cheesy flavor. But if you don't have any that is fine. And this is also when I add the spinach.
OH- I forgot to tell you that I just wash the potatoes and leave the peeling on them. We like it this way. But it's up to you.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Let's put it this way. Out of that big batch I made. There is only one bowl left for Larry tonight when he comes home tonight. He even ate it for breakfast this morning. He says he is helping me, by eating my food so it won't go to waste. He tells everyone he is my guinea pig. Because I never make anything the same way twice. He tells everyone I can't cook but seems funny he keeps gaining weight.