Not to mention tasted G R E A T.
I put it on a 40 gram, 6 carb per slice whole wheat bread with flax seed. You are not going to believe this but it smells like a hamburger and even tasted like a hamburger only very soft with a crunchy crust. I fried this but you can also bake this and let it get a crust on it in the oven.
It is one more way we have been eating more healthier. This will be added to our menu of foods for healthier living.
This is the recipe if you'd like to try it yourself....
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin or tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or crackers (can add up to 1 cup to help absorb the liquid)
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.