Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home-made facial cleanser/mask

Found on another Blog---

Home-made facial cleanser/mask

I found this recipe on various web sites, and saw it in a magazine. I've been making this for a while now, and have found it's the most effective anti-acne remedy I've tried. No one ever gives a recipe that you can follow, so I'm going to do my best to make it replicable:

Put 10 aspirins (uncoated, unadulterated -- just plain old aspirins) in a ramekin. Add just enough warm water to dissolve them (if you add too much water, you won't have a mask), then add about two tablespoons of honey, and mix it all up. It should be sort of grainy -- it's a scrub-type cleanser.

I put it on while I'm soaking in the tub, and then massage it around to rinse it off. It really keeps my acne-prone skin clean, and it's a whole lot cheaper than the Dr. Haushcka products I used to buy. They say that the more local you get your honey, the better it is for you, so try making it with local honey.

No comments: