Sunday, March 22, 2009

Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today..

I don't know about you but there have been many a times when I have thought I could wait until tomorrow to call someone and have that long talk we haven't had in awhile to catch up. Or set down and write that letter that I have been thinking about doing but just hadn't had the time to do. Our lives seem so busy now days with cooking, cleaning, keeping up with the latest on the daily soaps on TV. Between taking the kids to their after school practices and doing all the errands we have to do when do we just have time for ourselves let alone making time for the other people in our extended lives.
Well we should really try harder to MAKE that time because you NEVER know when you get that phone call that tells you someone has passed away or has been in an accident and is now unable to understand a word you say. Be it from natural causes or an accident. Life is shorter than you think. We go around taking it for granted.
Once our kids are grown and have kids of their own-their lives are so busy they forget to keep in touch as often as they use to. Before you know it a month has past and you're saying "boy has he/she grown." Where has the time went?
Say the things now that you want to say, tell them you enjoyed the little things. Tell them you remember that special something they went out of their way to do for you. Let them know you care. When you are busy getting groceries make a second to stop by the card section and pick up a few cards to have around the house that you can send so someone to just brighten their day.
Better yet look for them at garage sales or Goodwill or the Salvation Army Store. I pick up cards there all the time for a little of nothing. Even a postcard will do. Just something you can jot a line or two down on to let someone know you are thinking about them.
What will it take but a few minutes out of your day to set down and say "HI" on a card and send it on it's way?
That's better than setting at the funeral home wishing you'd done it, isn't it? Flowers are a nice way to say Hi- how are you? also. Especially to relatives, be it if they live miles away or just the other side of town. Just imagine their surprise when they get a knock on the door with a delivery of flowers. Flowers say it all without saying anything at all.
I try to live my life with as few regrets as possible. I believe that is what all of us should do.

I don't want to be the one standing at the funeral home wishing I had gotten a hold of this person more often. DO YOU??????

Don't let old arguments keep you from friends or family. FORGIVENESS-- let things go and forgive.

Mark 11:25-26 (King James Version)

25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

We all to often let things fester and keep us from old friends and family that we love because of a STUPID argument. Be the bigger person and forgive the other one and tell them so and tell them you want the past left in the past and start anew. All to often good relationships are lost just because of stubbornness.

I know this all too well. I have a brother that is holding a grudge for something that didn't happen and for that we haven't talked in over 10yrs. I try to talk to him but he won't talk to me. But I have forgiven him and I know God as forgiven me. So I am good in my life.


So Don't Put Off Til Tomorrow What You Can Do TODAY!

No comments: