Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just had to pass this one on--------

This is one of the better emails that I have ever read on this
subject and I had to pass it on!
---------------------------------

One of my sons serves in the military, he is stationed in
Ontario , Canada . He called me yesterday to let
me know how warm and welcoming people were to
him and his troops everywhere they go.
Telling me how people shake their hands and thank them
for being willing to serve and fight, not only our own
freedoms but so that others may have them too.

Then he told me about an incident in the grocery store
he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the
base. He said that several people were in the line
ahead of him, including a woman dressed in a Burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier, she made a loud
remark about the Canadian Flag, lapel pin, the cashier
wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched
the pin and said,
"Yes, I always wear it proudly, because I'm a Canadian."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when
she was going to stop bombing her countrymen,
explaining that she was Iraqi.

Then, a gentleman standing behind my son stepped
forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders and
nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle
voice to the Iraqi woman:

" Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young
man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here,
in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR
countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in
YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today.
But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so
loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way
back to Iraq , so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR
country, that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

No comments: