Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why strong passwords are so important

If you're like me and you spend a lot of your time on the computer and you go to many sites and have many different passwords, this is important to you.
I always knew that you needed your passwords to be unique, but never realized they needed to be longer than 8 characters long if possible and have both upper and lower case letters and numbers and even symbols in them. The more you have of these the better off you are of being protected. There are progra
ms out there that you can buy that will generate a strong password for you. But I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to.
So I guess I will spend the next few hours going back in and changing out all my passwords to longer than 8 characters so I will be protected.
I am adding a link so you can read more on this subject. It came from a "Cloudeight"
which you can sign up to and get very useful info right in your mailbox.


I hope this helps to keep you and your info more safe.
I know with paying all my bills online I want to make sure I am safe.

No comments: