Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How To Make Homemade Laundry Detergent

You have got to go see this video from *Living on a Dime Newsletter*.

They made a YouTube video on how to make homemade laundry soap.
I have been making this kind of soap for a number of years now and it cleans my clothes very nicely. The only thing I do differently is I don't use the fels naptha soap. I just use regular bath soap like Irish Spring(I like the smell of this). Then I just put 1/3-1/2 cup in when I do my wash and it won't suds up like your regular soap, which is good- that means less suds to get rid of. This works great for people with allergies. Then I use white Vinegar as my fabric softener. YES I know it smells- but the smell doesn't come off on your clothes.
The cost for this will be way less per load then your other laundry detergent and you can get the white vinegar on food stamps if you are on them.
This is a great money saver.

No comments: